Wednesday, October 10, 2018

October 9, 2018 - My Family Unit

Image result for my family clipart

My Family


We started the My Family unit in Big Day for Pre-K!  In Language Group we read the book "Bear's Busy Family."  In this book a family prepares for a birthday by doing a variety of chores...

"Smell the bread my grandma bakes.
Touch the bowls my grandpa bakes.
Taste the fish my uncle brings..."

This book goes through each family member (grandma, grandpa, uncle, aunt, mommy, daddy, sister, brother, cousins, and baby) and how they helped to prepare for the party.

We talked about the vocabulary related to family members and who had each one (Who has a __?).

For our activity, we sorted family members by what they do.  A variety of family member pictures were given as a choice.  Each child chose one family member and had to decide what they do from a closed set of options (cooks dinner, washes clothes, showers, takes a bath, rinks milk and sleeps ina crib).

This activity worked on:
  1. vocabulary related to family.
  2. defining words
  3. attending to the book
  4. taking turns
  5. action vocabulary (cook, wash, etc.)
  6. 5 senses (smell, touch, see, hear, taste)
  7. identifying family members
  8. sorting

Miss Diane
Speech-Language Pathologist


No comments:

Post a Comment