Thursday, March 19, 2015

Miss Chris & Miss Randi's Language Lesson - Week of 3/16/15

This week in Language Group, we read the book, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?" by Eric Carle.  I should say the children read the book to me!  It's a wonderful story for labeling animals and colors.  When we finished reading the story, I asked the children, what do their eyes see.  They shouted out a variety of answers!  We talked about how our eyes tell us many different things about objects (color, shape, texture, etc.).  I took pictures of a variety of items (mug, spoon, toothbrush, car wheel, cat, toilet, etc) and only showed the children a portion of the picture.  We then decided if we needed to open the second window to help our eyes decide what the object was.


The children laughed when I told them their eyes tricked them, but they were also very excited when they knew what the object was!

Miss Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment